Monday, June 9, 2014

The weirdest thing anyone can ever do...but it is so worth it!

Hey Momma! Como estas?
 
Wow. The mission...... it's seriously the weirdest thing anyone can ever do haha. But it's so worth it. so this week....
 
Started my calling. Wednesday was the official start of the transfer, but I still had NO idea who was in my stewarship (who I'm over). Thursday night finally got the text and I couldn't be happier! I have two other areas in my stewardship, Chowchilla and Mercy Springs/Los Banos. The sisters in Chowchilla were MY sister training leaders when I was in Kerman for my last two transfers! The sister who was actually my sister training leader got transfered, but the other, Sister Hammer, has become a VERY dear friend of mine, so I'm super excited for the excuse to get to call her and go on exchange with her! Her new companion came to the CFM with me, and then the other two sisters, one is brand new and is starting training, and her trainer is an awesome missionary who was also trained by Sister Organista! I really couldn't have handpicked better sisters, or sisters who I'd rather work with. So THAT's super exciting! Less exciting is that with the extra conferences/meetings I have to go to and the exchanges I have to plan, I'm losing about a full week from the transfer for normal work in my own area. And I have to baptize more than ever. So that's exciting. But I'm hopeful! It's just hard trying to coordinate everything... but I have tons of support! Sister Hammer is super helpful, Sister De la Cruz's trainer was a STL so she knows a lot about it, and Sister McArthur who's training now was one... and all of them are super ready to make my job as easy as possible. It's great. It is weird that I've NEVER been companions with an STL... most elders are companions with a district leader before they become one, and all zone leaders are trained for at least a transfer with an experienced zone leader..... and now I'm an STL and the only training I have is the little I've seen from going on exchange. But... that's ok. So this Wednesday I have Leadership Training in FRESNO! Love Fresno. It's weird to go so close to Kerman and not get to see anyone but... it's ok. So that whole day is trashed. And it's almost 2 hours away so four hours of driving... but I'm planning on going on exchange with my first sister that night.... so I'll be gone for two days in a row. This week.... Preperation Day Monday, Distict Meeting Tuesday, Leadership Training Wednesday, Exchanges Thursday, Weekly Planning Friday... Saturday. I can start Saturday. Haha... then I have to do like two exchanges next week pretty much back to back, and then the last one the week after, with our last zone conference with President Gelwix and then it's an Elder's birthday and someone has to care and make a cake.... hahaha, but then the last two weeks no stress. Because I have to turn in reports on the sisters for Presidnet to do Transfer Boards... so the last week I don't really have to do anything unless people are fighting. So that's good. And then the transfer is over.
 
As far as the work:
Hello President!!!

Well this week has been exciting! We are planning on baptizing Brother Ruiz (POR FIN.... FINALLY) this weekend. Everytime we talk with him I feel the power of discernment. Last time we were there I just had this certainty that he already knows that we are the only ones with the answers that he needs. I told him that, and he nodded but continued to say he felt confused.... but that he would prepare for this Saturday to be baptized and that he would let us know if it was actually going to happen or not. He's gone a week without Coffee!!!! Huge achievement. I asked him what was his motivation... and he said he didn't know! I don't know... I just really feel the Spirit telling me what he knows and feels, even though he's confused about it. I'm really praying that he recieves his answer this week.... he's fasting from TV all week while he's working and can't "normal" fast, and then fasting from food Saturday with us. 


The Diaz family is doing great as well! We were able to meet with them twice this past week. Wednesday we talked to them and Myra, the teenage daughter, began to cry as she told us how moved she was by a video they showed in the youth Sunday School class. She was overcome with gratitude for everything she DID have and forgot about what she didn't have.... as she teared up, she turned to her mother who then embraced her with love.... President, this family has unified so much in the month we've been meeting with them. Saturday we went over and taught the Word of Wisdom, the teenagers are starting to be involved in drugs and the mom drinks... and they all committed to live it! They can tell the blessings that will come if they all quit using those substances and they want it. The mom and the teenage girl have accepted the baptismal invitation for the 22nd of June, and are trying to help the younger teenage son to prepare as well for the same day! They are so awesome. They read the scriptures together and they are really trying. For some reason they didn't come to church yesterday, which was weird because they were all super excited to go... and we've tried to find them but they weren't home. But I'm not super worried because I've felt too much about them and they've seen to much evidence for things to really fall apart right now. I'm super excited to baptize them this month!

Things are really looking upward. We have several people preparing for baptisim this month, we have a lot of people with potential for July, and we are trying to contiually refresh our teaching pool and search for the prepared people and not waste time!
 
It's been tough too because Sister DLC is sick... so we're going in and out of doctors.... which is hard too. I felt pressure before when my numbers weren't great, but now even more so. But it'll be ok, I have faith God will not only get us through this transfer but that we will have success and be happy as well!
 
I love you all so much and miss you a ton!!!!
 
Sister Zollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment