Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It's a great day to be a Mormon Missionary!

From my letter to President Gelwix:

It's a great day to be a Mormon Missionary! First off, I really appreciated our interview. Thank you so much for the time you took to talk with me as one missionary out of 300 some! It felt really good to have time with you and to listen to your counsel and advice. I am doing the daily affirmations and I am already noticing a difference in how I feel about myself! It's great! Last night it was hard to think of even one or two at first and I thought "Yep... I need to improve a LOT", so I just kept thinking and eventually got about 5 and I thought "Wow! I actually did do some good stuff today!" So thanks so much to both you and Sister Gelwix for putting me on the right track with that!

This last week was pretty challenging. As you will notice, we didn't do as well in meeting our goals as usual. This really bothers me. I don't like not finishing things, or reaching what we set. We never reach all our goals, but usually we get a lot of them and the rest are close. Well I guess it depends on how you look at the last week.... we were about 1 away from reaching all our goals. So I guess that just proves I need to continue to work on positive thinking. The point is we are just really struggling to find people to teach. And the people we have found are either not progressing or are at a VERY slow pace. I'm struggling a bit to find the excitement to push on, but I'm focusing on just taking it one day at a time, and I'm definitely expecting miracles! So I'm not really worried. It's just hard to be on a lower point than I'm used to. It makes me appreciate the rest of my mission more. I'm almost a third of the way done already... tomorrow is 5 months. I can't believe it.

As far as cool stories... this week there is one that's pretty cool. We met a man named Jose Luis about a week or so ago, we just tracted right into him. And it turned out that he already had a Book of Mormon and had been taught by missionaries before and loved it and then moved and just lost connection. So while I was gone on Exchange, Sister Organista and Sister Peters took him on a church tour with Brother and Sister Nunez! It went great from what I heard! And without any prompts from us Brother Nunez called him on Saturday to invite him to church! And he came and Brother Nunez took care of him, he is so amazing! So he'll probably get baptized soon. And both Brother Nunez and Claudia Herbert bore their testimonies on Sunday. Brother Nunez has every Fast Sunday since his first one. And this was Claudia's first time. It was so amazing, the Spirit was so strong! President, our little group is growing fast, we'll have a branch very soon if the work in Kerman continues to progress the way it has!


Sister Organista and I are doing great! We are really good about resolving conflicts and forgetting about them. I'm really going to miss her when she leaves. We are a well oiled machine when we work together. It's going to be hard without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment