Monday, July 7, 2014

Goodbye to President and Sister Gelwix

June 23, 2014

President Gelwix,
I am very sad to know that this is my last letter I will write to you as my mission president. But very happy that I will be able to be in contact with you for the rest of my life :) This letter I guess I just want to tell you what I have learned thus far from my mission.
My mission already has extremely changed my life and more importantly has changed me. When I came, I was fairly confident that I could do it, but I felt a huge weight. I was scared. Now, I feel like I am the worthiest I have ever been in my whole life. Jesus Christ has become my friend. I have learned to understand the will of the Father, and to only ask for the strength to do what He asks me. I've stopped asking Him to change what it is that He wants of me. I have gained confidence that as long as I am doing my best, He really will do the rest. I have learned to be obedient without questions. I have learned to take direction from leadership humbly. I actively search for people to multiply and to try to help them see themselves as God sees them. While I still have a lot of work to do, I feel happy in knowing that I am worthy and that God knows me and loves me and that He is proud of me.
I have baptized 3 families on my mission. Each of them is very precious to me. I have yet to get into contact with one, they've moved out of state and I don't have their email, but the other two are still progressing! Brother Nunez is now a counselor on the Spanish Group Presidency in Kerman, and he and his wife both serve as ward missionaries. Lupe now has a job, is going to school, and is working on getting an apartment. Her daughters love church. The Elders in Kerman are now working with her twin brother and his children. I could not be happier with these families, and the ability I have had to touch their lives. I will never be able to thank God enough for this opportunity to be here and to serve.
My companion and I have worked out a lot of things this week.  She is serving me so much and telling me how much she appreciates me, and it's amazing how just hearing and seeing the little things like that changes my mood and gives me so much more patience! She's so great.
We are working with the Diaz family very closely. They came to church during second hour yesterday, so they didn't count for sacrament but the 100% counted for overcoming obstacles and committing to find a way to church, even if very late. They will be baptized, I know it. We are also working with Javier, so is dating a less-active. He is progressing a lot and is showing a lot of interest! We are hopefully going to be planning some weddings here shortly, because both Javier and Sis. Diaz are not married to their significant others.... so that's exciting!
President, I know that God lives and that He loves me. There is not one tiny part of me that doubts that. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that because of Him, all that is unfair in the world will be made right in the eternities. I know that The Book of Mormon is true. I know that we will all stand accountable in front of God at the last day, and there we will tell Him where we made our stand. I know that He will be very proud of me. And of you. I love you. See you tomorrow.
Love,
Sister Zollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment